Climate and weather in Austria
- In general, Austria has a European continental climate. However, due to the geographical differences and the differences in height, there are several climates.
- In the mountains there is an alpine climate with short summers and long winters.
- In the east there is a continental climate.
- The other areas have a transitional Middle European climate with summer temperatures of a maximum of around 19 degrees.
- The central ridge in the Alps is an important climate division. Rainfall on its north side occurs in July and August. The precipitation is then supplied by currents from the west and northwest. In the autumn, the southwest wind carries rain from the Atlantic Ocean that is collected by the high mountains. It then rains on the south side.
Weather in Vienna
Weather in Innsbruck