Belgium getting around
On this page you will find everything about renting a car in Belgium, its airports and ferries.
Ferry services in Belgium
- From Zeebrugge there is a direct ferry connection with Hull (England).
Car rental in Belgium
- Cars can be rented from international rental companies at airports and in major cities. In addition, travelers can turn to numerous local car rental companies.
Book a rental car
- The rates can vary greatly per season and per provider. Booking in advance can be cheaper.
- It is also possible to rent an all-inclusive car in Belgium.
Check www.carhirecompany.com or VIPSrental.com for discounts on the rental rates.
Drivers license and other conditions
- The driver must often have held the driving license for at least 1 or 2 years. With certain car types this can be 3 to 5 years.
- A driver must often be at least 19 and sometimes at least 21 or 23, depending on the rental company and type of car.
- Sometimes the age limit is higher depending on the rental company and type of car.
- Drivers under the age of 25 often have to pay a young driver fee.
Guarantee and/or deposit
- A car can only be rented with a credit card (with pin code) in the name of the main driver. Cash is rarely accepted as a deposit.
- Debit cards (debit cards, debit cards), prepaid cards, rechargeable or virtual credit cards or other payment cards that do not have the numbers and letters stamped (tactile embossing) are usually not accepted.
Airports and plane information Belgium
- Brussels (Zaventem): brusselsairport.be.
- Brussels (Charleroi): brussels-charleroi-airport.com.
National airlines Belgium
- Brussels Airlines: brusselsairlines.com.
Here you will find more information about Belgium.