Croatia checklist car
If you are going on holiday to Croatia, you can check in advance which items you should have in the car.
Mandatory in the car in Croatia
- Warning triangle – It is mandatory to have a warning triangle in the car. In the event of a breakdown or an accident, the warning triangle must be placed at a sufficient distance and outside the built-up area at least 100 m behind the vehicle. In a car with a trailer or caravan behind it, two warning triangles must be present. In the event of a breakdown or an accident, they must be placed next to each other at the above indicated distance behind the combination. In addition, the hazard lights must be switched on in all cases.
- Safety vest – It is mandatory to have a safety vest in the car. The driver is obliged to wear a safety vest if, in the event of a breakdown or accident, he or she gets out of the vehicle on the road. This applies both inside and outside the built-up area. Passengers walking in the dark or poor visibility along the road (for example in the event of a breakdown or accident) are required to carry a reflector or light or to wear a safety vest. We therefore advise drivers to take a safety vest in the car for all occupants. Safety vests must comply with the EN471 standard (fluorescent yellow, orange or red and with retro-reflective lanes) within Europe.
- First Aid Box – It is mandatory to have a first aid kit in the car.
- Spare lamps – It is mandatory to have spare bulbs in the car. However, this obligation does not apply if the car is equipped with xenon, neon or LED lighting.
- A fire extinguisher is only mandatory in company cars.
- When renting a car always check that the mandatory equipment (warning triangle, safety vest, first aid kit and possibly spare bulbs) is present.
- Also check which items are mandatory in the countries you are traveling through before you arrive in Croatia
Mandatory on the motor in Croatia
- Safety vest – Motorcyclists and passengers who walk in the dark or in poor visibility along the road (for example in the event of breakdown or an accident) are required to wear a reflector or light or to wear a safety vest. We therefore advise motorcyclists to bring a safety vest for themselves and any passenger.
- Spare lamps – Motorcyclists must have spare bulbs. This does not apply if the motor is equipped with xenon, neon or LED lighting.
- Motorcyclists and sidecar riders do not need to have a warning triangle or first aid kit.
Here you will find more information about Croatia.