Denmark checklist car: what are mandatory items in the car in Denmark?
What should I bring in the car in Denmark? Are you going to Denmark by car? First check what you are obliged to take with you in the car.
Mandatory items in the car in Denmark
Mandatory in the car
- In Denmark you are not obliged to have certain safety items in your car. However, it is mandatory to use a warning triangle in certain situations.
- Warning triangle – You are advised to bring a warning triangle.
- The use of a warning triangle in the event of a breakdown or an accident is mandatory if, due to breakdown or an accident, the car is parked in a place where it constitutes an obstacle or danger to other traffic.
- The warning triangle must also be used when the hazard lights are flashing.
- Place the warning triangle about 100 m on motorways and about 50 m behind the car on other roads.
- Safety vest – You are advised to bring a reflective safety vest for each occupant and to keep the vests in an easily accessible place and to wear them in the event of a breakdown or an accident. In Europe, a reflective vest must comply with the EN 20471: 2013 standard (fluorescent yellow, orange or red and provided with retro-reflective strips).
- First-aid kit and fire extinguisher – It is recommended that you bring a first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.
- Spare bulbs – It is recommended that you bring spare bulbs (unless your car has xenon, LED or neon lights).
- Note: When renting a car, always check whether there is a warning triangle. Its use is mandatory in the event of a breakdown or an accident.
- Also check which safety equipment is mandatory in Germany and other countries you may travel through.
Mandatory on the bike
- No safety article is mandatory for motorcyclists.
- Safety vest – Motorcyclists are advised to bring a reflective safety vest and to wear it in the event of a breakdown or accident.
- First-aid kit – It is advisable to bring a first-aid kit.
- Emergency hammer, flashlight and blanket – It is recommended that you bring a life hammer with a seat belt cutter, a flashlight and a blanket.
Here you will find more information about Denmark.