What about environmental zones in Denmark, and in which cities do you need an environmental sticker (miljømærke)? Below it is explained in detail!
- In Denmark there are environmental zones in Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Aarhus, Odense and Aalborg.
- The following diesel vehicles must be registered in advance at mz.miljoezoner.dk/en/create/step1 to be allowed to drive in these environmental zones:
- Vans, not older than January 1, 2007, with a maximum authorized mass not exceeding 3500 kg.
- Trucks, not older than October 1, 2009, with a maximum authorized mass of more than 3500 kg.
- Large motor homes and buses, not older than October 1, 2009, with a maximum permissible mass of more than 3500 kg and with more than 9 seats including the driver.
Environmental zones diesel cars and trucks in Denmark
- Diesel vehicles older than mentioned above are not allowed in the environmental zones. If these diesel vehicles are fitted with a later built-in particulate filter, they are eligible for registration.
- Diesel vehicles older than thirty years with a foreign registration number are admitted and exempt from registration.
- The rules will be tightened in July 2022 and 2025.
- The registration has replaced the environmental badge (milømærke).
- For more information, see billionoezoner.dk and eng.mst.dk/air-noise-waste/air/reducing-traffic-emissions/danish-low-emission-zones.
Here you will find more information about Denmark.