Do you know what you can take with you to and from Finland? Here you will find the import duties and export duties for, among other things, alcohol, tobacco, money, food and pets.
Do you know what you can take with you from and to Finland? We have listed the customs rules for you.
Various customs rules
- An overview of the quantities of alcohol and tobacco that you can bring into Finland can be found at iatatravelcentre.com/customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations.htm (English: customs rules).
- Note: The minimum age for the consumption or purchase of alcoholic beverages may differ in the country from the minimum age for the import of alcoholic beverages.
- If you use medication, take a European Medical Passport with you. This document includes information such as medication use, illness, conditions and the contact details of your doctor. It is available for a small fee from general practitioners and pharmacies, among others.
- You must have a medical certificate with you to take medicines that fall under the Opium Act (such as certain sleeping pills, ADHD medicines and strong painkillers). Request the statement at least 4 weeks before departure.
- A dog or cat needs an EU pet passport, available from the vet. This passport contains a description of the animal, the name and address of the owner, the registration number of the chip (standard ISO microchip 11784/11785 is inserted) and proof of vaccination against rabies. There is also room in the passport for a health certificate and other treatments or vaccinations.