Finland Getting Around
Getting around in Finland
Whether you go with your own car, rent a car, or go by plane, here you will find all practical information about transport in Finland.
- Cars can be rented at airports and in the cities.
Book a rental car
- The rates can vary greatly per season and per provider. Booking in advance can be cheaper: carhirecompany.com
- Drivers license
- Often the driver must have been in possession of the driving license for at least 1 year.
- The driver must usually be 19 years old.
- Sometimes the age limit is lower or higher depending on the rental company and type of car.
- Drivers under the age of 25 often have to pay a young driver surcharge.
- Please note that there may be a maximum age of 80 years.
- A car can only be rented with a credit card (with pin code) in the name of the main driver. Cash is rarely accepted as a deposit.
- Debit cards (debit cards, debit cards), prepaid cards, rechargeable or virtual credit cards or other payment cards with no numbers and letters stamped (tactile embossing) are usually not accepted.
- In winter, check that the rental car has the correct winter equipment. The use of winter tires is mandatory from December 1 to March 1, but this period can be brought forward or extended.