Climate and weather in Greece
- The coastal regions and islands of Greece have a Mediterranean climate. This is characterized by hot dry summers and mild, damp winters.
- During the hottest months (June, July and August) the temperature can reach 40 degrees. Humidity is relatively low; therefore the heat is bearable. On the islands, the meltemiwind from the west usually provides cooling.
- The green time or flowering period is from March to May. The dry season is from June to September. The wet time is from October to mid-March.
- Greece is a destination for spring, summer and fall.
- For an active holiday, a visit in spring or autumn is more pleasant than in the hot summer.
- Prices are higher in the high season and in August, when the Greeks themselves go on holiday, it can be very busy.
Weather in Athens
Weather in Thessaloniki