Greece weather and climate
- The coastal regions and islands of Greece have a Mediterranean climate. This is characterized by hot dry summers and mild, damp winters.
- During the hottest months (June, July and August) the temperature can reach 40 degrees. Humidity is relatively low; therefore the heat is bearable. On the islands, the meltemiwind from the west usually provides cooling.
- The green time or flowering period is from March to May. The dry season is from June to September. The wet time is from October to mid-March.
Greece weather -travel season
- Greece is a destination for spring, summer and fall.
- For an active holiday, a visit in spring or autumn is more pleasant than in the hot summer.
- Prices are higher in the high season and in August, when the Greeks themselves go on holiday, it can be very busy.
Weather in Athens
Weather in Thessaloniki
More information about the weather and climate in Greece can be found on Wikipedia.
Here you will find more information about Greece.