- Debit cards (both bank cards and credit cards) are accepted almost everywhere.
- Using a bank card is usually cheaper than using a credit card. If the bank or credit card company charges a fixed amount per transaction, frequent use of a debit card (both bank card and credit card) is not recommended for small amounts.
- There is usually a limit per day; the limit can be adjusted by the bank or credit card company upon request.
- Italy has enough cash machines (bancomat).
- Up-to-date information about ATMs in a certain place can be found on visa.com/atmlocator.
- Withdrawing money is usually cheaper with a bank card than with a credit card.
- Please note that in Sicily the ATMs are often empty at the weekend.
- Withdrawing money with a bank card is not always free in eurozone countries. We do not have information that this may be the case in Italy. Consult your bank if necessary.
- Budget stay: from € 30.
- Midnight stay: approximately € 60.
- Simple meal: from € 15.
- Dinner 3 courses: from € 25.
- Taxi ride (approx. 3 km.): From € 11.
- Cup of coffee: from € 1.
- Beer: from € 4.
- The servizio incluso or the service fee is included in the price. In addition to this amount, a 10% tip is expected. You can round off the amount with taxi drivers.
Paying in Italy
Paying in Italy, how about that? Are there ATMs in Italy just like in your home country? What is the price level in Italy, and how about giving tips in Italy after a nice dinner or drinks on a cozy terrace? On this page you will find everything about paying in Italy.
Here you will find more information about Italy.