Home – Netherlands – Checklist Car
Netherlands Checklist Car
Netherlands checklist car: what is mandatory in the car in the Netherlands?
You are not obliged to take safety items in your car in the Netherlands, but we do recommend you do so. A first aid kit, a warning triangle and a safety vest on board of your car could be a life saver for you or your family.
Mandatory in the car in the Netherlands, checklist
As a driver in the Netherlands, you are not obliged to have specific safety items in your car. We do of course recommend you do.
- Warning triangle – You do not need a warning triangle in the car in the Netherlands, but if your car or camper is stationary on the road due to a breakdown or an accident and is an obstacle to traffic, you are obliged to warn other road users with a warning triangle. If the warning lights are working and switched on, you do not need to place a warning triangle. If the warning lights are not working, you should place a warning triangle about 30 m behind your car. Make sure that the triangle is clearly visible to other traffic. You do not have to mark a motor vehicle on two wheels with a warning triangle.
- Safety vest – It is not mandatory to have a safety vest in the car or to use a safety vest in the event of a breakdown or accident. We recommend you to bring a safety vest for every passenger.
- Spare bulbs – You don’t need to have spare bulbs in the car. But if you are put aside by the police because of a broken lamp, you can often avoid a fine by replacing the lamp on the spot.
Other items to take with you in the car in the Netherlands
- You do not need to have a first-aid kit or fire extinguisher in the car in the Netherlands.
- Spare glasses – It is not mandatory to bring spare glasses in the Netherlands, but we recommend drivers with a driving license stating that they wear glasses or contact lenses (restriction code 01) to bring spare glasses.
Here you will find more information about The Netherlands.
Travel information The Netherlands
Países Bajos precios del combustible
Países Bajos normas de tráfico
Países Bajos señales de tráfico
Países Bajos multas de tráfico
Países Bajos lista de control del coche
Países Bajos zonas medioambientales