Norway Checklist Car
What is mandatory in the car in Norway?
Did you know that when driving a car in Norway, you are required to have a warning triangle and safety vest with you? We have listed the things that are mandatory in the car.
Mandatory in the car: checklist Austria
- Warning triangle – It is mandatory to have a warning triangle in the car. In the event of a breakdown or an accident, it is mandatory to use a warning triangle if the car comes to a standstill in a place where it is a danger to other traffic.
- Safety vest – At least one safety vest must be provided in every vehicle and must be worn in the event of a breakdown or accident. The safety vest must be stored in a place that is easily accessible for the driver (not in the trunk). We advise drivers to bring a safety vest in the car for all occupants. Safety vests must comply with the EN471 standard within Europe (fluorescent yellow, orange or red and provided with retro-reflective strips). A safety vest is only mandatory in vehicles with a Norwegian registration number, but we advise drivers to follow the local rules for safety reasons and to avoid a possible discussion with the police on the spot.
- Fire extinguisher – In a motorhome or car with a caravan with a Norwegian registration, an approved fire extinguisher containing at least 2 kg of extinguishing agent must be present. We advise drivers of a camper or car with caravan to bring an approved fire extinguisher to avoid a possible discussion with the local police. Drivers of cars without a caravan are also advised to bring a fire extinguisher.
It is not mandatory to bring spare bulbs.
- First-aid kit – Drivers are advised to bring a first-aid kit.
- Note: When renting a car, always check that the mandatory equipment (warning triangle and safety vest) is present and provide safety vests for all occupants. In addition, a fire extinguisher must be present in a rented camper (or car with caravan) with a Norwegian registration number.
- Also check which items are mandatory in the countries you are traveling through.
Mandatory on the bike
- Safety vest – A motorcyclist must bring at least one safety vest. In the event of a breakdown or an accident, the driver is obliged to wear a safety vest. We advise motorcyclists to also bring a safety vest for any passenger.
- First-aid kit – Motorcyclists are advised to bring a first-aid kit.
Mandatory on the moped and speed pedelec
- Safety vest – A driver of a moped, light moped or speed pedelec must have a safety vest with him. In the event of a breakdown or an accident, the driver is obliged to wear a safety vest. We advise drivers to also bring a safety vest for any passenger.