Poland checklist car: what is mandatory in the car in Poland?
If you go on holiday to Poland by car keep in mind that you have to take a number of items with you. We list the mandatory products for you. Not only for cars but also for bikes.
Mandatory in the car
- Warning triangle – It is mandatory to have a warning triangle in the car.
- Safety vest – Anyone in Poland who walks along the road in the dark, in low light or in poor visibility outside the built-up area (e.g. in the event of a breakdown or an accident) is obliged to wear a reflector, clothing with reflective stripes or a safety vest . We therefore advises drivers to bring a safety vest in the car for all occupants. Safety vests must comply with the EN471 standard within Europe (fluorescent yellow, orange or red and provided with retro-reflective strips).
- Fire extinguisher – It is mandatory to have a fire extinguisher in the car.
- First-aid kit – Drivers are advised to bring a first-aid kit. It is expected that in Poland it will be mandatory to bring a first-aid kit in the car in the course of 2019.
- Spare bulbs – It is recommended to bring spare bulbs with you.
- Note: When renting a car, always check that the mandatory equipment (warning triangle and fire extinguisher) is present and provide safety vests for all occupants. An anti-theft system and rear mud flaps are also mandatory equipment in a Polish rental car.
Mandatory on the bike
- Safety vest – Anyone in Poland who walks along the road in the dark or in poor visibility outside the built-up area (for example in the event of a breakdown or an accident) is obliged to wear a reflector, clothing with reflective stripes or a safety vest. Motorcyclists are therefore advised to bring a safety vest on the motorcycle for themselves and any passenger.
- Anti-theft system and rear mud flaps – In a (rental) car with a Polish license plate, rear mud flaps and an anti-theft system are also mandatory.
Here you will find more information about Poland.