Poland getting around
Whether you go with your own car, rent a car, or go by boat or plane, on this page you will find all practical information about transport in Poland.
- Cars can be rented at airports and in major cities.
- Cars with drivers can also be rented from various car rental companies.
Book a rental car
- The rates can vary greatly per season and per provider.
- Booking in advance can be cheaper.
More information on car rentals can be found here
- Often the driver must be in possession of the driving license for at least 1 year and sometimes 2 years.
- The driver often has to be at least 21 years old.
- Sometimes the age limit is lower or higher depending on the rental company and type of car.
- Drivers under the age of 25 often have to pay a young driver surcharge.
- Keep in mind that there may be a maximum age of, for example, 70 years.
- A car can only be rented with a credit card (with pin code) in the name of the main driver. Cash is rarely accepted as a deposit.
- Debit cards (debit cards, debit cards), prepaid cards, rechargeable or virtual credit cards or other payment cards that do not have the numbers and letters stamped (tactile embossing) are usually not accepted.
- In winter, check that the rental car has the correct winter equipment. Winter tires are recommended in winter conditions and snow chains can be made compulsory with a sign.
Ferry services to Corsica (from France and Italy)
The ferry services to Corsica depart from several harbours in France and Italy, including the Island of Sardinia. The most important ferry services on the French mainland are located in Marseille, Nice and Toulon. From Italy ferries to Corsica depart from Genoa, Livorno, Savona, Piombino and Sardinia.
Here you will find more information about Poland.