Poland Traffic Fines
Traffic fines Poland
You obviously do not intend to, but what if you do violate the traffic rules in Poland? What about the fine?
It can sometimes happen: you drive through red, you overtake where you are not allowed or you drive just a little too fast. An overview of traffic fines in Poland.
The amounts mentioned are indications and may in practice be higher or lower, depending on the circumstances under which the traffic violation was committed.
Within the built-up area
- Exceedance up to 10 km / h from PLN 57
- Exceedance from 11 to 20 km / h from PLN 114
- Exceedance from 21 to 30 km / h: from PLN 190
- Overrun from 31 to 40 km / h: from PLN 342
- Exceedance from 41 to 50 km / h: from PLN 532
- Overrun from 50 km / h: from PLN 760, possibly a driving ban of 3 months and the driving license can be withdrawn on the spot.
Outside the built-up area
- Exceedance up to 10 km / h: from PLN 114
- Exceedance from 11 to 20 km / h: from PLN 228
- Exceedance from 21 to 30 km / h: from PLN 380
- Overrun from 31 to 40 km / h: from PLN 684
- Exceeded from 41 to 50 km / h: from PLN 1,064
- Exceedance from 50 km / h: from PLN 1,520, possibly a driving ban of 3 months and the driving license can be withdrawn on the spot
- Driving through a red light: from PLN 300
- Violation of overtaking ban: PLN 200-300
- Crossing the solid line: PLN 100-200
- Parking violation: PLN 100-300
- Unauthorized parking in a disabled parking lot: PLN 800
- Not giving way: from PLN 350
- Driving without a seat belt / safety device: from PLN 100
- Transporting children without a seat or safety belt: from PLN 150
- Mobile phone while driving: from PLN 200
- Own or use anti-radar. maximum PLN 3000
- No lighting during the day: from PLN 250.
Driving under the influence
- From 0.2 to 0.5 ‰: a maximum of € 5,000 and a disqualification from driving for 6-36 months.
- More than 0.5 ‰: criminal case, in which a fine and / or imprisonment and / or a driving disqualification is imposed.
- Driving under the influence of drugs is a criminal offense.
- For simple traffic offenses, Poland has a “fines catalog” containing only the maximum fines. The police can impose and collect the fines up to these maximums.
- Payment must be made immediately. In case of cash payment, a receipt must be issued.
- If the offender has no or insufficient cash with him, it is sometimes possible to pay the fine by bank transfer.
- If payment is not made immediately, the case will go to court. If this results in a fine, it must be paid within 3 days.
- Payment of the fine means that the matter is thus settled. Appeal is then no longer possible.
Points driver’s license
- Poland has a penalty point system that also applies to foreigners.
- A number of points were determined for each violation, varying from 1 to 10. A total of 24 points resulted in a disqualification from driving.
- If a driving disqualification or a driving ban is imposed on the basis of this system, this only applies in Poland.
- If the fine is not paid immediately, no deposit is required.
- In the case of a ticket on license plate, for example flashes, the license plate holder is usually obliged to provide the driver’s details (at the time of the offense).
- In the event of an arrest, for example after a traffic accident, the embassy can provide information about the case law and further course of events.