Portugal being there
You are on vacation in Portugal. Delicious! Do you have suitable clothes with you and which plugs can you use? Here you will find practical information on site.
Facts and numbers
- Portuguese Republic / República Portuguesa
- Portuguese (m), Portuguese (f)
- Portugal is divided into 18 districts and 2 overseas autonomous regions.
- In the Atlantic Ocean: Madeira, the Azores.
- The Portuguese overseas regions are part of the European Union, the Eurozone and the Schengen Area.
- Lisbon / Lisboa
- Portugal has been a member of the European Union since 1986.
- 2019: 10 million
- 92,072 km²
Income per inhabitant per year
- 2018: $ 28,400 (NL: $ 50,200)
Average life expectancy
- 2018: 81.9 years (NL: 82.1 years)
- Euro (EUR)
Country code license plate
- Health care in Portugal is of good quality. Many doctors speak English and there is an English hospital in Lisbon.
- Travelers are advised to take out good travel insurance. Please note that cash payment may be required for the provision of medical care.
- In case of hospitalization or when specialist medical care is required, travelers should contact their insurance company directly.
- 230 volts
- Outlets have two round holes and can be grounded or ungrounded.
- You do not need an adapter or world plug.
Here you will find more information about Portugal.