Portugal environmental zones
What about environmental zones in Portugal, and in which cities do you need an environmental sticker? Below it is explained in detail!
Portugal Environmental zones
In Portugal, for the time being, only Lisbon has an environmental zone (Zona de Emissões Reduzidas, ZER).
- The environmental zone in Lisbon is called ZER ABC (Zona de Emissões Reduzidas da Avenida, Baixa, Chiado).
- Map of the area: zer.lisboa.pt/mapa.
- Only vehicles with a maximum authorized mass of not more than 7,500 kg that meet the Euro-4 emission standard or higher (generally vehicles built after January 2005) are allowed to enter the zone.
- The environmental restrictions apply daily between 6.30 am and midnight, unless otherwise indicated.
- Old vehicles that meet Euro standard 4 or higher due to modifications (such as a particulate filter, LPG) are also allowed. The Euro standard for vehicles registered in the Netherlands can be found on the registration certificate for V.9 environmental class or on the RDW website (ovi.rdw.nl), see ‘Emission class’ under ‘Emission’ under ‘Motor & Environment’.
- The ZER is signposted. Signs indicate for which vehicles and at which times the rules apply or do not apply.
Here you will find more information about Portugal.