Spain Money – paying in Spain
Paying in Spain, how about that? Are there ATMs in Spain just like in your home country? What is the price level in Spain, and how about giving tips in Spain after a nice dinner or drinks on a cozy terrace? On this page you will find everything about paying in Spain.
- Euro (EUR)
- Bank cards are accepted almost everywhere.
- Use of a bank card is usually free. There is a limit per day.
- Credit cards are accepted at almost all hotels, restaurants, stores and gas stations.
- Withdrawing money with a credit card is usually not free. The costs vary per bank and per credit card. If the bank or credit card company charges a fixed amount per transaction, frequent use of a credit card with small amounts is not recommended.
- Spain has enough cash machines (cajero automático, redbanc, ATM).
- Up-to-date information about ATMs in a certain place can be found on maestrocard.com or visa.com/atmlocator.
- Budget stay: from € 15.
- Midnight stay: approximately € 65.
- Simple meal: from € 10.
- Dinner 3 courses: from € 17.
- Taxi ride (approx. 3 km.): From € 8.
- Cup of coffee: from € 1.50.
- Beer: from € 2.50.
- Service or service charge is often included in the hotel or restaurant bill. A tip of 5% is usually dependent on the type of restaurant. Round the amount up or leave the small change.
- Guides and parking attendants expect a tip.
- You can round off the amount with taxi drivers.
Here you will find more information about Spain.