Sweden Checklist Car
What is mandatory in the car in Sweden?
If you go on holiday to Sweden by car please keep in mind that you have to take a number of items with you. We list the mandatory products for you. Not only for cars but also for drivers of a motorcycle and moped.
Required in the car
- Warning triangle – There must be a warning triangle in the car.
- This only applies to vehicles with a Swedish registration number, but we advise drivers of a vehicle to bring a warning triangle to avoid a possible discussion with the local police.
- Use a warning triangle in the event of a breakdown or an accident if your car is stationary in a place where the car is difficult to see (for example, in poor visibility or because of a bend or hill), on roads with a maximum speed of at least 60 km / h (motorways) and in a tunnels.
- Place the warning triangle about 100 m on motorways and about 50 m behind the car on other roads. Drivers of a motorcycle with sidecar or a trike must also use a warning triangle.
- The warning triangle must be kept within reach, not in the trunk.
- Safety Vest – Drivers are advised to bring a reflective safety vest for all occupants.
- First-aid kit and fire extinguisher – It is advisable to bring a first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.
- Tow rope and jumper cables – It is recommended that you bring a tow rope and jumper cables.
- Spare bulbs – It is also recommended to bring spare bulbs.
- Note: When renting a car, always check that the mandatory equipment (warning triangle) is present.
Mandatory on the bike
- Only drivers of a motorcycle with sidecar or trike with a Swedish registration are required to bring a warning triangle.
- In the event of a breakdown or an accident, place the warning triangle about 100 m behind the car on motorways and on other roads about 50 m.