Sweden environmental zones
What about environmental zones in Sweden, and in which cities do you need an environmental sticker? Below it is explained in detail!
Sweden Environmental zones
- To limit car traffic in the inner city of Stockholm and Gothenburg, a congestion tax (trängselskatt, traffic load) has been introduced.
- The system works the same for both cities: motor vehicles, with the exception of motorcycles, entering and leaving the city center must pay tax.
- The scheme also applies to foreign vehicles.
- There is no payment at the weekend, on public holidays and in the month of July.
- Method of lifting: every motor vehicle that enters or leaves the city center between 6:00 am (6:30 am Stockholm) and 6:30 pm, the registration number will be photographed (only on weekdays). No need to stop. The owner of the vehicle (or leasing company) will then automatically receive an invoice.
- When entering the zone it is indicated how much the tax is. Amounts vary, depending on the time, from SEK 9 to SEK 45 (approximately € 0.90 – € 4.30).
- The maximum per day in Gothenburg is SEK 60 (approximately € 5.70) and in Stockholm SEK 135 (approximately € 12.80).
- Failure to pay the congestion tax can result in a fine of SEK 500 (approximately € 47.50).
- More information: transportstyrelsen.se/en and epass24.com.
Here you will find more information about Sweden.